- e-mail address
- phone number
Information we collect about you Each time you visit our site we may automatically collect information including:
- technical information, comprising the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, GPS location data, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, comprising the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site, products you viewed or searched for, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, total number of visits to our site
- where we need it to operate our business, that is, where it is in our legitimate interests to use it and this does not have any adverse impact on, and rather provides a positive benefit to you. For example, to fulfil orders for our products or to respond to a request from you for information or a quotation from us, and to generally manage our relationship with you;
- to respond to your application for a job vacancy;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation and
- where we need it to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
Information we collect about you We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; or
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Other third parties
If we sell our business, or it undergoes a business transition, your personal information may be transferred to a third party as part of the process. Where this is likely to occur, we will endeavour to inform you in advance.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your Rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.INFORMATION SECURITY Security The security of your personal information is extremely important to us. All information you provide us is stored on our secure servers and we encrypt the transmission of personal information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If you have any questions about data security, you can contact us at email@example.com.
In the event of a personal data breach, we will, without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, notify the breach to the relevant supervisory authority (Information Commissioner in the UK), unless the breach is unlikely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms. When the data breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we shall communicate the breach to you without undue delay unless data protection legislation stipulates that we are not required to do so. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. However, once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA We store all personal data on secure servers within the European Ecomonic Area (EEA) and there is no transfer outside of the EEA. If you require more information about this, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION YOUR RIGHTS Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights include your rights to:
- request access to your personal data
- request correction of your personal data
- request erasure of your personal data
- object to processing of your personal data
- request restriction of processing your personal data
- request transfer of your personal data
- right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the Company Senior Legal Counsel using the contact details provided. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
MARKETING You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or you have purchased products on behalf of your organisation from us. This will be in accordance with the marketing preference that you indicated when you provided your personal information to us and/or in line with the provisions on consent to electronic marketing in the current e-privacy rules (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2002).
If at any point you would like to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as emails or post) that we use to contact you, please use the unsubscribe function on the communication, or contact us at email@example.com or use the postal address above.
If we propose to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes, you will be presented with an opt-in option, whereby you can consent to us using your personal data in such a way. If you do not opt-in we will not use your personal data for these purposes. You can also exercise the right to withdraw consent to such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe function on the communication.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.